High School: It All Starts with your ACCESS Advisor
An ACCESS Advisor is available in every South Hampton Roads high school, and all ACCESS services are provided free of charge.
To make your path to college easier and less expensive, it’s very important to meet with your ACCESS Advisor. The ACCESS Advisor will work with you to customize a plan to meet your needs, which may include:
- Choosing colleges that fit your proposed major, as well as the location and size wanted. We do this by helping you search the internet, tour colleges, and by helping you make the most of the information we provide for you with the ACCESS College Prep Handbook
- Registering for the SAT and/or ACT. It’s vital to register as early as possible to avoid a delay in your college acceptance decision and enable you to take your exam more than once to increase your score. You can prepare for the SAT by taking free SAT Prep Workshops offered by ACCESS.
- Assisting you through the application processes and following up to ensure you meet application deadlines.
- Assisting you with the financial aid process. This includes assisting you with filing out and submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and following up to ensure that the student meets application deadlines.
- Make an appointment to meet with your ACCESS Advisor - they are a valuable resource for you and your family.