at ACCESS College Foundation
Position: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
The Fundraising Coordinator:
• Manages the creation and implementation of the annual support fundraising plan;
• Conducts research and coordinates the solicitation of prospective donors;
• Maintains and cultivates relationships with existing and prospective donors.
The Fundraising Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Development and is responsible for the management of all prospective and existing donor fundraising activities. This position follows the schedule for the ACCESS Main Office, which is generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. There are times that after hours and weekend work will be required. Annual starting salary ranges between $45,000 - $50,000 and benefits are available.
The Fundraising Coordinator works in collaboration with the Director of Development to create and implement the annual support fundraising plan. He/she will recommend strategies/tactics to achieve fund development goals and assist with the development of donor relationships to pave the way for continual giving.
A bachelor’s degree is required as well as two years experience as an annual giving manager or other mid-level fundraising management position in a competitive development department. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and highly proficient computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Outlook, and relational database programs. Must have a valid driver’s license, own transportation and maintain a good driving record. Bending, lifting, and other physical activity may be required at times. Must be able to lift, push, or pull a minimum of fifty pounds from one location to another, as well as stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
Successful candidate must:
• Be extremely detail-oriented and resourceful
• Be highly communicative
• Be pro-active and anticipate and identify growth opportunities
• Possess good judgment and discretion
• Have ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
• Have ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Have ability to work both cooperatively with a team and independently with minor supervision
• Have ability to present a professional demeanor under a variety of conditions
Essential Functions of Fundraising Coordinator Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement annual fund raising strategies and tactics, including increasing the number of donors under $1,000.
2. Research and assist in coordinating the solicitation of prospective donors for contributions.
3. Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
4. Maintain and cultivate relationships with existing and prospective donors.
5. Organize donor cultivation and stewardship events.
6. Help prepare, coordinate, and support fundraising activities of staff, the Development Committee and other board volunteers, structuring all efforts around the Annual Support Campaign.
7. Develop Annual Support Campaign progress reports for staff and volunteers.
8. Ensure fundraising activity is accurately reported and maintained in the development database.
9. Facilitate mass mailings to donors and donor prospects based on set deadlines outlined by the Director of Development (including but not limited to Annual Fund, Alumni Campaigns, Progress Reports and Newsletters). Generate accurate mailing lists from fundraising software and coordinate logistics of mailings.
10. Initiate online giving appeals using social networking sites and e-newsletter devices.
11. Assist with the coordination and execution of the organization’s special events.
12. Assist other members of the Development Department with necessary tasks and projects as necessary.
13. Assist the Director of Development and President/CEO on tasks and projects as required.
ACCESS College Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer valuing
diversity and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Interested applicants should
send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Dionne Scott, Director of Development,
at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 2, 2017. Please visit our website to learn more about
us at www.accesscollege.org. No phone calls/faxes/walk-ins will be accepted.