at ACCESS College Foundation
Position: Office/Development Assistant
Reports to: President & CEO/Director of Development
The Office/Development Assistant reports directly to the President and CEO. This position is responsible for receptionist duties, executing development functions, serving as Clerk of the Board, as well as assisting the President and CEO and other departments as required. This position follows the schedule for the ACCESS Main Office, which is generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. There are times that after hours and weekend work will be required. Starting annual salary is $28,000 and benefits are available. For information about ACCESS College Foundation, please visit our website: www.accesscollege.org.
Must have high school diploma and two or more years of experience as a receptionist or administrative assistant. Must be highly communicative, pro-active, extremely detail-oriented, resourceful, possess strong writing skills and have the ability to start and manage a project independently from start to finish. Excellent computer skills are required: the ability to work with the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) and relational database programs is essential. Must have exceptional telephone manners, customer service and organizational skills. Must be energetic, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable with a sense of humor, able to multi-task and work independently in a small, hands on work environment. Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s License, own transportation and maintain a good driving record. Bending, lifting, and other physical activity may be required at times. Must be able to lift, push, or pull a minimum of fifty pounds from one location to another, as well as stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
Preferred Qualifications: Some post-secondary training. Previous administrative experience in a nonprofit setting.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Responsible for reception area and directing phone calls
• Assist the President and CEO with various tasks and projects
• Act as Clerk of the Board
• Ability to transport documents and materials to off-site meetings on own
• Perform daily general office tasks related to mail and trash
• Responsible for ordering office stationery and supplies and keeping track of inventory
• Responsible for coordination and oversight of other general operation vendors including janitorial
• Assist with internal and external meetings and special events coordination as needed
• Attend tenant meetings in office building as required
• Responsible for office equipment maintenance
• Perform data entry (tracking and updating) in donor database and other electronic systems
• Preparation of packets for donor calls and other meetings
• Assist Development Department in executing online giving appeals using e-newsletter devices
• Assist with all aspects of Development Department mailings
• Provide general assistance to the Development Department, as directed by Director of Development
• Provide assistance to Program and Finance Departments as needed
ACCESS College Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer valuing diversity and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Dionne Scott, Director of Development, at email@example.com by July 14, 2017. Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.accesscollege.org. No phone calls/faxes/walk-ins will be accepted.